Feb. 25, 2014
Long Beach Courthouse’s ‘Walk-Up’
Counter Serves Court Customers
Since the Gov. George Deukmejian Courthouse at 275 Magnolia Ave. opened in Long Beach last September, customers increasingly use its walk-up windows to complete their court business without even entering the courthouse.
The teller-style counters are on the Broadway side of the courthouse where clerks conduct the following transactions:
· Paying traffic and vehicle fix-it infraction fines;
· Setting traffic arraignment and trial dates,
· Extending traffic payments and appearances,
· Submitting proof of completion for traffic school, community service and vehicle fix-it ticket citations,
· Paying misdemeanor criminal fines and fees, and
· Obtaining certified copies of criminal case dockets.
The windows are open from 8:30 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
# # #